What is a Good Speed on a Stationary Bike?
You should know exactly what is a good speed on a Stationary Bike during the workout session. Because of your fitness target widely depends on speed and resistance level. However, there is hardly any satisfactory answer to this question. It is quite personal that your physical abilities and fitness level basically determine your speed on a stationary bike. In fact, good speed on a stationary bike means as fast as you want to go. Reaching a good speed on a bike relies on some key factors. So, how do you find the perfect speed for you? Let’s get started.
Good Speed on a Stationary Bike:
You might know that stationary bike pedaling speed is called Cadence. A good Cadence on a bike would range from 50 to 100 rounds per minute (RPM) on the basis of rider and resistance level. If you are pedaling in 50 rounds per minute that means your flywheel rotates 50 times in one minute.
Beginners and people who do exercise occasionally move somewhere between 50 and 60 RPM in general. On the other hand, Advanced level fitness exercisers who have heavy flywheels can pedal at speed from 50 to 100 RPM.
As there is no pre-set speed that will work for everyone, you need to find out your own speed ranges. Get on the stationary bikes and workout. Keep records of your speed results. Then, adjust speed on a regular basis once you get used to working on the stationary bike.
Commonly, there are three types of Stationary Bike Speed. For example, Light Speed, Medium Speed, and Fast Speed. Let us know about these to understand what is a good speed on a stationary bike.
3 Best Selling Stationary Bike Today
- 【Smooth Stationery Bike】35lbs flywheel and heavy-duty steel frame of the exercise bike guarantee the stability while cycling. The belt driven system provides a smoother and quieter ride than chain transport. It won't disturb your apartment neighbors or sleeping kids.
- 【Personalized Fit Exercise Bike】2-ways adjustable non-slip handlebar, 4-ways padded seat (inseam height 25-35in) and a large range of resistance give users a comfortable indoor riding experience. Workout your muscles / lose weight / enhance heart /lung function. 270 lbs weight capacity.
- 【LCD Monitor and Ipad Mount】The LCD monitor on exercise bike tracks your time, speed, distance, calories burned and odometer. The gift Ipad holder allows you to enjoy exercising and music at the same time, making it easier to keep exercising.
- 【Safe to Use】The adjustable cage pedals on spinning bike protects you from a fast ride. Press the resistance bar to stop the flywheel immediately. The water bottle holder allows you to replenish water in time. Transport wheels help you easily move this cycle machine. All parts are protected and your little baby can't reach them.
- 【What You Get】A YOSUDA exercise bike, all tools and instructions are in the package. Online instruction video can help you complete the assembly within 30 minutes. ONE YEAR FREE parts replacement.
- Heavy-Duty Frame Structure:flywheel and heavy-duty steel frame of the exercise bike guarantee the stability while cycling. the belt driven system provides a smoother and quieter ride than chain transport. it won't disturb your family members
- Safe to Use:It has a high-quality heavy-duty flywheel that can weigh 35lbs with reluctance braking on. According to the sports aesthetics design, scientific and stable triangle structure, It can withstand up to 330 pounds of users,make the movement more safe and stable
- LCD Monitor & Ipad Holder:Multi-function digital display can track and record your exercise time, speed, heat, distance, pulse and so on in real time, so that you can know your exercise progress and adjust your exercise plan. The tablet phone bracket easily holds mobile devices,to enjoy exercising and entertainment simultaneously
- Fully Adjustable:The wide seat and handlebar are all 4-way adjustable to adapt to different height users. You can adjust them according to your own needs to increase the pertinence of sports. The steel toe cage pedal adopts adjustable strap design, which can adapt to different sizes of feet.Wheels help you to move the cycle bike easily
- Brake and Resistance:Simply turn the knob to increase or decrease the adjustment to the different levels that best suit you. Push the same knob to stop quickly and safely. Convenient operation makes the movement more simple and efficient
- This item benefits from an Extended 90 Day Return Window
- Solid x-frame design folds to just 18. 1" x 18. 1" of floor space when not in use
- Large anatomically designed seat and multi-grip padded handlebars are designed for long lasting comfort and support
- 2" x 1" LCD window is easy to read with all the necessary information - clearly displays speed, distance, time, calories, and pulse
- 8 levels of manual resistance are easily controlled through the large Dial tension knob for users of all fitness levels
- 3-piece pedal crank for added durability
Last update on 2021-07-25 / Ads
When you are peddling at a speed of 35 to 40 RPM it is called slow speed. For your slow speed on a stationary bike, you would be able to keep workouts for hours.
Then, if your speed is between 45 to 50 RPM also the second-fastest light speed. At this speed, you are slightly moving quicker.
We recommend this Light Speed for beginners who just started to peddling on an exercise bike. Then you can increase and adjust your speed in accordance with resistance.
The medium speed is the speed of your recovery between your higher impact speeds. This medium speed ranges from 50 to 60 RPM. It will burn more calories than light speed. When you increase your speed, at the same time you also increase your resistance level that indicates much better workout sessions.
The medium speed is suitable for people who want to burn calories to lose weight with a view to acquiring overall fitness to stay healthy.
Finally, Fast Speed is a high-intensity workout range of stationary bike speed for your fitness ability and goal. Speed between 65 to 70 RPM means Fast Speed. In some cases, it would be more than 70 RPM, for example, competitive sprinters, or athletes, and bodybuilders.
In real. your personal fast speed is as fast as you can go that would be up to 100 RPM and it’s so fast that you can’t hold it for more than 30 seconds without getting seriously winded.
So, the answer to the question of what is a good speed on a stationary bike is absolutely relative as it differs from individual to individual. We do suggest for beginners to focus on the resistance level in spite of a good speed. You need to learn to pedal properly and ensure you don’t bounce on the saddle while pedaling.
At first, set a low resistance level and gradually increase the level. If the resistance you set causes to press the pedal too hard can adversely affect your muscles group. So be serious. You should take enough time so that your body can adjust to the situation.